Jack Francis is actually not a person, but an acronym for all the members of our family:
Josh – Husband, Dad, Owner/Sales
Avery – Daughter, Sister, Fifth Grader (next to Karissa)
Cadence – Daughter, Sister, 8th Grader (next to Josh)
Karissa – Wife, Mom, Owner/General Manager
We are all avid Seahawks Fans, Go HAWKS!! We also really love to spend time together camping and watching our kids play soccer.
Our story started with Josh being diagnosed with gluten intolerance and then with Cadence and Avery showing various symptoms that improved with the elimination of gluten. Then a couple of years ago Josh and Karissa found the Paleo lifestyle and were amazed by how good we felt with eating that way, but we were disappointed by how much like cardboard any store bought Paleo treat tasted. In an ideal world of course we would make all our own food, but who lives there?! With a busy family schedule there isn’t usually time to bake in our house. Then Avery switched to a preschool that didn’t allow nuts, and Karissa noticed that most of the Paleo cookie recipes online had comments that asked “How could I make this without nuts?” and “How could I make this without eggs?” After awhile the idea for Jack’s Paleo Kitchen cookies was hatched, and after a lot (and I mean A LOT) of batches of cookies, we developed our recipe. We might be biased, but we think they are pretty great. We hope you think so too!
At Jack’s Paleo Kitchen we think you should know what goes into your food!
Below is a list of all of our ingredients. As you can see, we try hard to work with companies producing sustainable, high-quality ingredients for our Paleo Cookies.
- Palm Shortening – RSPO Certified.
- Honey – Non-GMO. Product of Thailand.
- Maple Syrup – Non-GMO. Product of US and Canada.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Non-GMO.
- Coconut Flour – Certified Organic, Non-GMO project verified. Product of Phillippines.
- Arrowroot Powder – Non-GMO. Product of Thailand.
- Sweet Potato Flour – Rooted Foods Product (small, community-based producers). Non-GMO. Product of Peru.
- Baking Soda – Non-GMO Project verified. Product of USA, Milwaukie, Oregon.
- Grass Fed Beef Collagen – Non-GMO, Animal Welfare Guarantee. Product of Argentina.
- Chocolate Chips – Fair Trade. Non-GMO. Product of USA.
- Kosher Salt – Product of USA. Non-GMO
- Cinnamon – Product of USA. Non-GMO
- Cream of Tartar – Product of USA. Non-GMO
- Coconut Sugar – Certified Organic, Non-GMO.
- Unsulphured Molasses – Non-GMO Project verified.
- Ginger – Product of USA. Non-GMO.
- Lemon Oil – Product of USA. Non-GMO.
- Shredded Coconut – Non-GMO Project verified. Product of USA, Milwaukie, Oregon.
- Raisins – Certified Organic. Product of USA, California. Non-GMO.
Do you have questions regarding Jack’s Paleo Cookies ingredients or our facilities? Contact us today!
Is your facility allergy free?
Yes, with the exception of coconut, our facility is free from gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, tree nuts, and peanuts.
Isn’t palm shortening destroying the rain forest?
Not the brand we use! Our palm shortening is RSPO certified, which means it is responsibly and sustainably sourced. Palm oil is actually one of the most sustainable oils in the world when it is responsibly grown and processed.
What’s the deal with the grass-fed beef collagen?
Our cookies all contain grass-fed beef collagen. We use it as a binder in the absence of gluten, eggs, or nut flours. While not an option for a vegetarian, collagen has a lot of awesome health benefits. If you’re looking for a vegetarian option check out our nut-free trail mix bites.
How long will my order take to arrive?
Under normal circumstances your order should arrive about 2 to 3 days after shipping. There are times when USPS is experiencing delays and unfortunately there isn’t much we can do about it, but please feel free to contact us with delivery concerns.